It has been noticed that different professions inculcate different traits in people. These traits become part of a person’s personality and may or may not make him more likeable. For a sailor, living and being on-board changes his life not just because it pays well. But the men who work on a ship develop a personality that makes them the perfect marriage material. Here’s a list of reasons why sailors make great husbands:
1. They can fix things. A sailor knows how to do maintenance work on ship and that comes handy at home too. When he’s home he can fix anything from broken chairs to faulty juicer. Now, isn’t that reason enough to justify why we say sailors make great husbands!
2. They keep things clean. The life on ship demands them to keep their living quarters as well as all the areas on the ship clean – spick and span. This habit carries to all areas of life and even when at home they do not need you to pick after them. That’s reason enough to marry a sailor.
3. They would help you with household chores. There are no maids, wife or mothers on board so a sailor is used to doing his own work. He won’t add to your burden. Rather he is more likely to help you with tasks like washing cars, windows, mopping floors, bathing pets and children, etc. They are sweet like that.
4. They can handle difficulties and stay calm. They are trained to face storms and unpredictable weather. Hence, little unpleasant situation like a flat tire, children fighting, a broken window pane do not even faze them. They handle these little troubles with losing their cool.
5. They are not rash. They follow safety procedures. While on ship it is important to follow safety guidelines. So, while at home he takes the same care with his family. So he doesn’t drive rash or leave electronics on.
6. They are punctual. Being married to a sailor means no waiting endlessly because your man is running late. Their work on board teaches them importance of punctuality and it is ingrained in their personality.
7. They are trained to face emergencies. Be it a fire or a medical emergency your sailor husband won’t disappoint you. These men are trained for firefighting and also give emergency first aid if the situation arises.
8. They are good at painting. So, your room needs a new coat of paint your hubby will get the job done. A man, who can paint a ship, can paint a house no problem.
9. They look good in uniform. Men in uniform always make an impression. So, with a sailor husband you can proudly walk beside a uniformed man and make your girlfriends jealous.
10. They stay fit. These sailors are tough men and are used to keep themselves fit and in shape. They eat a lot but they also work a lot and hence, stay active and fit. So, no paunch.
11. They don’t look down upon any work. A career in merchant navy starts as a cadet and as a cadet one is given all kinds of task from cleaning decks to cleaning toilets. So your sailor husband does not look down on work as unworthy. If the work needs doing, he’ll get it done.
12. And the most essential is the fact that he would love you through thick and thin. These men are trained to stick around no matter the circumstances. So, you have someone who you can depend on and believe in forever.
So, don’t think any more, if there’s a sailor in your life, go ahead and get married. We think we have given you enough reasons to believe that sailors make great husbands. And incase if you are still considering falling in love with a sailor, read our blog ‘Why love a Seafarer?‘ to help you decide.
If you are a sailor or a sailor’s spouse and have a story, pictures, video, or article that you would like to share with the world, email us at email@example.com. For any information, feedback, queries or suggestions feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.