Respect is for those who deserve it, not for those who demand it.
The men and women who work at sea deserve respect because what they do is no easy task. Many of us do not even spare them a thought in our day to day lives but our lives wouldn’t be the same without these men and women. Without the brave efforts of all the sailors and their families, this world wouldn’t stand so bravely, shine so radiantly and live so easily.
These seafarers do not demand much from us land dwellers. All they need an acknowledgement of their efforts and our gratitude for the services they provide. Maybe a smile of thanks or small pat on the back would make their day. You might be thinking what have they done for me, why should I thank them or why should I think about them.
Here are a few reasons why they deserve our respect,
1. It is their work at sea on board merchant vessels which keeps the world trade going. This trade ensures that people around the world get their needs delivered to them.
2. From gas to run your vehicle to fruits and vegetables a lot of our daily needs wouldn’t reach us if it weren’t for the shipping industry and the people who are part of it.
3. These sailors work all hours and all days to keep the shipping trade going. Sometimes they work 24X7 to manage difficulties and ensure the safety of cargo and ship.
4. Seafarers work against all odds to get you items that you need to keep your life going smoothly. They face unpredictable weather conditions and threat of pirate attacks.
5. They stay away from their loved ones for long periods of time while you live with your family completely unaware of the brilliant efforts put in by these men and women at sea.
These are only a few of the many reasons why these sailors and their families deserve our respect and gratitude. So, respect the seafarers. They have earned the respect. They deserve it!
If you are a sailor or a sailor’s spouse and have a story, pictures, video, or article that you would like to share with the world, email us at email@example.com. For any information, feedback, queries or suggestions feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.