In our last blog, we discussed top 5 inspirational sailing quotes that comes handy whenever we go through tough times. Let’s look at another 5 motivational quotes from the shipping industry that makes us look at life in positive way.
1) “To reach a port we must set sail – Sail, not tie at anchor. Sail, not drift.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt – There are many inspirational quotes that gives us hope. This quote makes us learn that to reach our destination, we must plan our journey. We must not stay at one place and keep sailing till the time we reach there. To fulfill your dreams or goals, you should not worry about obstacles in the journey rather just look at the destination.
2) A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor. – John George Hermanson
Another quote from Maritime sector that gives us the coaching that to be a successful person, you have to take many difficult roads. Like a smooth sea can never make a skilled sailor as when the seas are rough that’s when you show what you are capable of, similarly, when you go through storms in your life only then you learn to be stronger, smarter, and better.
3) “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” – William Arthur Ward
If you want to be a winner then you should think positively, this is what this quote is all about. In our world, there are two types of people live, one who take things positively even when the things are not going right, they stay an optimist that they will achieve their goal someday. The other ones are pessimist who complain about the difficulties and find something negative in every situation. Positive approach not just gives us the courage to move forward, but it also gives us the hope that we can achieve anything.
4) “We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.” – Aristotle Onassis
When life gets tough inspiration is all what we need. Talking about this quote, it makes us understand that we should not hope for the things to get better and then take our next step. Instead, we should always be ready to sail our ship in high winds. A sailor never think about the weather and sail the ship irrespective of the conditions. Similarly we should not stop with the obstructions and just move towards our destination.
5) It is not the ship so much as the skillful sailing that assures the prosperous voyage. -George William Curtis
This particular quote is just like we are saying “Not all Hotel Management Graduates can cook food”. To be a leader in your field, you must possess some talent and skills. Just like a smooth ship is the effort of a skilled sailor who assures that the ship should reach voyage safely. Similarly, you are the sailor of your career who decide where you would like to reach. If you aspire to achieve success in your business or work then you must have knowledge about it and skills to make it successful.
These 5 Inspirational quotes gives us the courage to stay positive and work towards our goal without being worried about the outcome.