M.B.A stands for Master of Business Administration. It is a Post graduate degree. MBA programs are of two types – general management courses and specialization courses. MBA in Shipping and Logistics Management is a specialized course.
- This course focuses on shipping as well as logistic management.It provides the basic knowledge related to logistics, to help candidates become competitive at domestic as well as international level.
- Shipping and Logistics involves study and management of different managerial tasks of transportation of goods.
- Through this course one learns specialization in management related work.
The duration of the MBA in Shipping and Logistics Management is two years. Between first and second year one needs to undergo training or internship for 6 – 8 weeks.
Eligibility Criteria and selection mode
Any degree from a recognized University with 50 % marks.(OR) Mariners holding the following professional qualification obtained after a minimum duration of study-cum-training of 6 years after 10+2 leading to
- a) Master Foreign Going Certificate of Competency.(OR)
- b) First Class Motor or Steam or Combined (Chief Engineer) Certificate of Competency issued by the Directorate General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping, Government of India or its counterparts in other countries.
Getting admission in MBA Shipping and Logistics programme is not an easy task. You need to take exams like CAT, ATMA, CMAT, MAT. Final selection for this course is done through Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. Both Boys and Girls are Eligible to apply for this course.
After an MBA in Shipping andLogistics Management, thecareer opportunities start expanding.This course prepares students to become skilled management professionals capable of managing shipping, logistic operations and organizations. There are various jobs available and various career options to go for.Jobs available after this course can be in managing the ship and cargo.
The starting salary package offered in this area is an average ofRs 20,000 – 25,000 per month. Salary earned by Logistics Manager on an average isRs 4-5 lakh per year.