A cruise ship or cruise liner is like a small town on sea. Passengers on a cruise ship come seeking pleasure. It is one luxury that not many can afford. However, when you work on a cruise ship, this being there and working aboard is what you are paid for. The cruise staff ensures that the passengers relax and experience a voyage which is unique. The ship’s amenities are part of the experience and the responsibility of the staff is to make the trip exciting and pleasurable for the passengers.
However, while working on a cruise ship the staff also gets to experience a great many new fun things too. Some benefits of working on a cruise ship include:-
1. You get to work with people who are like-minded and have same inclinations, including their love of travel and adventure.
2. You work and live on the cruise ship. So you never get late for work and you don’t have to spend a lot of time travelling.
3. You get to see a lot of new places and these are not commercial ports. Rather these are beautiful and scenic travel destinations which others pay a lot to visit.
4. There are crew activities as well. So it’s not all about work, work and work. The cruise management also arranges activities like excursions, bingo games, fun nights for the crew.
5. You get amazing meals and you don’t need to cook. These are meals cooked and prepared by professionals and all you have to do is be there on time to eat them.
6. You are able to save a lot of money. Your board and food are free on the cruise. You usually only need to spend money that you earn when you go to land. So, you have enough opportunities to save.
7. This is a unique experience. A normal cruise ship has 70 to 200 passengers and there are a lot of on board entertainment for the passengers which you can experience when you aren’t working.
Working on a cruise ship is not play, it takes a lot of hard work. However, the work is exciting and the life aboard is interesting.
If you are a sailor or a sailor’s spouse and have a story, pictures, video, or article that you would like to share with the world, email us at email@example.com. For any information, feedback, queries or suggestions feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.